Cultivation of red chilies to get a harvest of 255 million in just one crop? at the same time free from
Various diseases, especially anthracnose. How could that be?
Of course, it can be realized, sir. Mr. Ivan from Bengkulu, one of our partners, has proven that cultivation.
Organic chili can be more profitable than chili cultivation using chemical products.
We can also see the calculation of the results of the business analysis regarding the following chili cultivation:
Red chili is one of the commodities that has a wide market share, don’t be surprised if you can
take advantage of this opportunity to achieve maximum profit
Well, I’m sure you’re curious, how do you do it? Let’s look at the explanation of how to cultivate red chili is good and right.
Terms of Red Chili Cultivation Location Before you start cultivating red chili, first understand the criteria and location requirements for red chili.
GDM Partner’s Red Chili Harvest, Mr. Ivan Bengkulu For more details, here are the red chili location requirements:
1. Soil pH ranges from 6-7. If it’s too acidic, you can add dolomite lime to neutralize the pH.
2. Altitude of the place between masl.
3. Air temperature between 23-24oC.
4. The optimal rainfall is mm/month.
5. Have a good water source. You can use dams, field wells, rainfed or drilled wells.
6. Not shaded by trees or others.
Selection of Red Chili Seeds
There are so many types of red chilies in Indonesia. Therefore, first, you need to choose red chili seeds carefully.
Appropriate for the early stages of red chili cultivation. Here’s how to choose red chili seeds:
1. Make sure the red chili seeds you cultivate are of good quality or even certified by legal seed producers.
2. superior varieties.
3. Pure and not mixed by seeds of other varieties.
4. Has a uniform appearance and is free from pests/diseases.
5. Have the ability/power to grow >80%.
After knowing the best red chili seeds, you must also see the seed needs for your plants.
The need for red chili seeds is adjusted to the size of the planting area. Generally, a land area of ??1000 m2 requires 1
10-gram seed pack/sachet containing 1,800 – 2,000 seeds.
Soaking Red Chili Seeds To Prevent Disease And Increase Germination
The second stage in cultivating red chilies, namely red chili seeding, must be done properly to optimize its growth.
It is highly recommended to soak the red chili seeds with Liquid Organic Fertilizer GDM Food Crop Specialist so that the seeds.
Free from seed-borne diseases, repel pests, and other conditions.
In addition, soaking the seeds in a solution of GDM Liquid Organic Fertilizer for Food Crops Specialists is also beneficial for
Improve seed germination, accelerate seed growth and improve seed quality. Here’s how to soak red chili seeds:
Well, that’s how to soak red chili seeds. Next, you can sow the soaked seeds.
How to Prepare the Nursery
Nursery land for red chili cultivation needs to be done carefully so that the nursery process runs optimally.
Prepare the nursery in the following way:
1. Prepare the nursery as needed.
2. Do the reversal and loosening of the soil by hoeing until the soil is upside down and perfectly loose.
3. Prepare 250 ml of GDM Black BOS as basic fertilizer.
4. Prepare a spray tank filled with water.
5. Enter GDM Black BOS into a tank filled with water, then stir until homogeneous.
6. Spray the GDM Black BOS solution onto the soil that is already damp.
7. Evenly sprinkle GDM SaMe Granule Bio Organic over the entire surface of the nursery.
8. Leave the land for a few days so that the bacteria and nutrients contained in Organic GDM products work well.
How to sow red chili
After the red chili seeds have been soaked, the nursery is ready. Then the next step is to sow the red chilies. The following
is how to sow red chilies in the nursery:
1. Prepare the seeds that have been soaked with Liquid Organic Fertilizer GDM Food Crops Specialist.
2. Spread the red chili seeds evenly over the entire surface of the nursery media.
3. Cover the red chili seeds with soil thinly.
4. Cover the soil with straw/dried coconut leaves to provide moisture. So that the seeds can immediately sow.
5. Water the nursery every morning before 08.00.
6. Do watering regularly at the age of 3-4 weeks.
7. At the age of 5-7 days, cover the straw or coconut leaves to monitor the growth of red chili seedlings.
8. After the seeds grow and are 3-4 weeks old and have 3-4 leaves, you can transplant them to the field.
Well, that is a guide on how to seed red chilies. Next, you need to take care of the chili seeds.
While waiting for the chili seeds to be ready for planting, the next step is cultivating the soil. Here’s how to cultivate the soil to be fertile, loose, and disease-free,
How to Prepare Red Chili Cultivation Land
Before transplanting red chili seeds, you must prepare the planting area at least seven days before the time of transplanting.
The following is how to prepare red chili planting land:
1. Clear the planting area of ??weeds, shrubs, or remnants of previous plants.
2. Make sure the site land is not former crops of the same family, such as tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, or tobacco. It aims to avoid disease attacks, especially soil-borne diseases.
3. Plow/hoe the land on D-18 to 21 before planting.
4. Hoe/plow with a depth of about 30 cm. Make sure all soil surfaces are upturned and loose. It aims to improve air conditioning and soil aeration, eliminate disease germs with the help of sunlight and release toxic gas/heat from the decomposition of plant remains.
5. Measure soil pH. If it is too acidic, add dolomite lime in appropriate doses to neutralize the pH of the soil.
6. Make a bed with a length adjusted to the land area and a width of about 1 m. The height of cm and the distance between beds of back cm.
7. Water the bed until it is damp.
8. Mix 350 ml of GDM Black BOS into a spray tank filled with water, then stir until homogeneous.
9. Spray the GDM Black BOS solution on the beds evenly until it meets the dose of 5 kg/ha.
10. Prepare cm-sized mulch and make holes in the mulch with a size of about 4-5 cm, and the distance between the holes is 65X50 cm.
11. Cover the beds using silver, black plastic mulch, silver on top, and black on the bottom.
12. Evenly sprinkle GDM SaMe Granule Bio Organic into the holes in the mulch. Do it until you meet the dose of 150 kg/ha.
13. Let stand for seven days so that the premium beneficial nutrients and bacteria contained in Organic GDM products work optimally.
After the land preparation process on D-7 planting is complete, the next step is to plant chili seeds that have been sown. How to Grow Red Chili
How to plant a good red chili must have passed the seeding period in the nursery. In addition, how to grow red chilies must also be done carefully so that red chili seeds are not stressed and experience death.
The following is good red chili cultivation:
1. Make a planting hole in the mulch hole that has been provided.
2. Remove the angry chili seeds that are ready to transplant.
3. Place in a clean container.
4. Plant red chilies in the holes that have been made to the bottom of the stem. Fill one hole with one seed.
5. Cover with soil until all the roots and parts of the rootstock are embedded in the soil.
6. When finished, immediately flush with water so that the chili plants are not too wilted and stressed.
7. Perform maintenance by watering and controlling plant growth. If something withers and dies, then immediately do the embroidery.
That is a guide on how to grow red chilies. Next, you need to do regular maintenance and fertilization.
How to Take Care of Red Chili
After going through the transplanting process, the next step is to carry out maintenance. It must be done regularly for optimal growth and development.
In addition, good red chili care can prevent red chilies from pests and diseases.
Then, what should be done when treating red chilies? Please follow the guide on how to care for the following red chilies:
1. Watering Red Chili
Watering red chilies needs to be done so that the plants do not wither and die. Do watering regularly in the morning and evening when the chili is still in its growth period. Then water only in the morning or evening if the chili plant is already in its developmental stage.
2. Installation of Ajir
It is important to install stakes so that the plants are sturdier and do not collapse easily. In addition, the installation of stakes is also useful so that the plants can stand upright so that there is no overlap between plants. Here’s how to install stakes on red chili plants:
a. Do the installation of stakes as early as possible, namely when the plants are one week old after transplanting (7 days after planting). Early induction of stakes is intended to prevent damage to the roots of chili plants when installing/plugging stakes, considering that the larger the plant, the roots will also spread further.
b. Do the installation of stakes following the installation system and the predetermined spacing.
c. How to install the stake is to stick the stake into the ground at an angle with a slope of 45o outwards with a distance.
d. The distance between the stake and the plant is 3 cm and is plugged into a cm depth.
e. Make sure each plant gets one stake. This is because the plants are tied to their respective roots with a circular binding system in the form of figure 8 not to injure the plant stems.
f. When the red chili plants are 15 days old, connect all the stakes on the bed with raffia rope. This is so that the stakes and chili plants do not collapse in the wind. 3. Prevention of Pests and Diseases of Red Chili Plants
Observe and identify pests and diseases in your chili land regularly. If a pest attack is found, immediately take organic control measures.
However, if the technical and organic Control does not affect, then immediately carry out Control with chemicals (pesticides/insecticides) according to the dose.
4. Weed Control
Weed control needs to be done regularly, at least once a week. Carry out technical weed control, such as mowing or pulling weeds. Try not to use herbicides so that there are not too many harmful contaminants on the soil. This is so that the earth and its environment are not damaged due to the application of chemicals.
How to Fertilize Red Chili Plants Organically
Organic fertilization of chili plants is the best choice to maintain the productivity of chili plants while keeping the land ecosystem healthy and fertile. So that the condition of the soil remains fertile and loose. The following is how to fertilize chili plants organically using the best Organic products from GDM Organic:
a. Fertilizing When Plants Are 7-28 DAP and >35 DAP
When the plant is 7-28 DAP, it needs fertilizer in sufficient quantities to support its growth. Meanwhile, when red chili plants are >35 DAP, plants need fertilizer to help develop, especially in flowering and fruit formation.
Therefore, give regular fertilization by:
1. Prepare a spray tank full of water.
2. Enter 500 ml of GDM Liquid Organic Fertilizer Specialist for Food Crops into a spray tank filled with water that has been prepared.
3. Stir until homogeneous
4. Spray onto plants, especially on the underside of the leaves.
5. Repeat the application every week.
b. Fertilizing When Plants Are 30 DAP
When the plant is 30 DAP, the soil needs more nutrient intake to meet the needs of plants that have entered a period of development. Therefore, give a special fertilizer to nourish the soil. Here’s how to fertilize it:
1. Prepare a spray tank full of water.
2. Enter 250 ml of GDM Black BOS into a spray tank filled with water that has been prepared.
3. Stir until homogeneous
4. Spray onto plants, especially on the soil and when the soil is wet watered with water.
5. Spread the GDM SaMe Granule Bio Organic evenly around the roots. Do it until you meet the dose of 100 kg/ha.
Well, that is a guide to organic red chili cultivation that is proven to be free of anthracnose disease and can get a profit of up to more than 255 million in one harvest.